Thursday, January 7, 2010

70's Blue Suitcase



On New Year's Eve this year Jude had his first overnight stay without mama and daddy at Grandpa and Grandma G's. We met at an exit off the highway between Grand Rapids and Holland to exchange him, and couldn't resist a few pics of him with his 70's blue suitcase I found at a thrift store.

I couldn't wait to have him bring it with him to the grandparents' house - especially if we weren't coming, which somehow makes it cuter. It will be so funny when he's three or four and can carry it around himself. I'm sure we'll find lots of creative uses for it (mini-car storage unit, coloring book box and overnight bag all rolled into one.)

It was weird to wake up on New Year's Day without him. But... we got a whole lot done that had been sitting on the back burner for months, and felt pretty good about it by the time we picked him up in the afternoon. I couldn't keep my hands off his chubby legs and cheeks for a few hours though - not that I ever can.

4 comments:

Jan Lehman said...

Guess that means he's really growing up when he uses a suitecase rather than a diaper bag. Must be those bigger cloth dipaers he needs now!

Emily said...

They are substantial!

Malissa Eekhoff said...

I had a suitcase JUST like that when I was little :) So cute!

Emily said...

I did too - a blue one! One of the reasons it caught my eye...