Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ten Things

"Ten Things" is something I got from a blog I read called Soule Mama. The point is to post ten things you're thankful for during any given week. They don't need to be big things (house, husband, son). In fact, small things that seem inconsequential - maybe even hardly noticeable - are the best. Things that add even a wee bit of light.

Here are mine this week.


TEN THINGS:

1. A little boy of mine who smirkily says, "Oh, Mama" when I goof off. (If he was a teenager, you could cue the eye-roll.)

2. A handy bowl when he threw up his breakfast this morning (again).

3. When same little boy sweetly asks for help. "Help?"

4. My man, who made me crock-pot white chili AND cleaned the bathrooms this weekend.

5. The pleasant whir of our motor-less mower as I cut the grass for the first time (yes, in almost 8 years).

6. The cool breeze that has been moving across Michigan for the past few days. No humidity whatsoever.

7. Days at the office where I spend no more than a few minutes in stress mode.

8. Getting paid to poke around on social networking sites...for a good cause.

9. An afternoon of mindless labor. Hours spent stuffing envelopes for a mailing over trying to save the world is some kind of relief.

10. The (somewhat) new ability to center myself and let it all come down around me. If I was left with nothing, I would still have my life and my God.

Anything you'd like to share? :)

The pic demonstrates taking pleasure in little things: Ella's poofy neck would make your day too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my one thing I'm thankful for lately: My boys playing quietly outside, and the birds chirping all around...so relaxing! -Julie K.

Anonymous said...

SUMMER VACATION!! Loved your 10 things- here's my one. Ant

Jan Lehman said...

Grandpa had his best day in months!!! Got dressed without stopping and took Grandma to lunch at Rose's! PTL

Emily said...

I'm happy about all of these things for all of you ;)

Tyler James said...

wait... jude says 'oh mama'?

Belinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belinda said...

- Work that I love
- Fridays working from home
- Laying on the deck for an hour after work today - warm sun on my skin, birds singing, cool fresh breeze
- A grandson who brings great joy to my life
- A relaxed, happy husband to share life with
- Having Jono, Emily and Jude close by
- Soon having Brett close by too
- Times to look forward to this summer: sisters, brother-in-law, dad and mom middle of July, Geertsma's in Washington end of July, ALL MY KIDS middle of August
- The smell of grilled chicken, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, and zucchini on the grill. Umm...let's eat!
- A God of grace who loves me unconditionally

Emily said...

Good ones Mom ;)

Ty, he does say "oh mama" - in exactly the way you'd expect from someone who thinks their mama is being weird. he says "oh dude" (jude) as well, after we say it.