Friday, October 1, 2010

tiny

Jude's favorite adjective lately is also my most favorite of all his new words. Wanna know what it is? Squint a second.

It's tiny.

And when he says it, it's a really tiny word.

A few examples:
we're in the backyard and he finds a very small berry lying in the dirt next to a hosta plant. He bends down, picks it up and shows it to me. "Tiny," he says.

We're outside and he's riding his four-wheeled bike. A plane flies overhead, high up in the sky. He looks up and points, then looks at me. "Mama! Tiny." (Stop it now. Heads are exploding three blocks away.)

Jude, listen. When you say "tiny" in your tiny voice that comes out of your tiny body, you are asking to be squished. So don't act surprised when it happens.

Here he is giving me a hug. Then he says "circle", and "tiny". He's relentless.

7 comments:

Jenna Grover said...

that is simply too much to handle.

greatgrandma said...

That is adorable Emily It made my morning to see his CUTE smile & busy little body at home with Mama. How precious to tuck away in your heart.

Brenda said...

OK, my heart just melted :}

Belinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belinda said...

And my head just exploded - 30 miles away!! A word I use often when I'm with this little guy, but so true - precious, precious, precious!

Jan Lehman said...

tiny treasures to cherish!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

sweet sweet video :)