Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pretending Real Things


Jude is four now, and the flavor of the things he says is morphing along with his age. Here's a sampling from his third and fourth years (so far):

"Theo's head looks like a blueberry."

"I like this kind of baby. This is the baby that I wanted."

"I'm pretending real things."

"Can you go in the window room and stay there?" (He wanted to sneak chocolate chips from the cupboard.)

"I'm making this go away so you can't see it." (Said while spreading sand around that he wasn't supposed to throw out of the sandbox.)

TMI: "I made a J! I'm going to try to make a U." (This was said in the bathroom, and I'll let you guess what he was talking about.)

"Theo is like a little crumb."

"Fee's dream is to join the circus."

Talking about his little stuffed dog; "Do you know what Puppy doesn't do? Bite. If you put your hand by his mouth he licks it. If you put your hand here [by his nose] he does this. [Sniffs]. You can touch his fur like this. [Strokes gently.] Don't pinch Puppy. Only a teensy weensy bit."

I love this little dude.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that boy...I love him so.

Jan Lehman said...

much too cute! love him so!

Jan Lehman said...

Cute to see puppy in the corner. He is so expressive. One of my favorite Jude expressions was getting off the expressway by the old GR Press building and Jude exclaims, "Grandma, this is the blue city of Grand Rapids that we all live in!"