Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Where do I put this stuff?


At first this photo will not make sense in this post.

Things found on my (makeshift) pantry shelves:
  • screws (assorted sizes)
  • blocks of wood
  • phone book
  • plaster dust
  • dog food
  • pieces of wall
  • paint rollers
  • paint brushes
  • bag of bread heels
  • old kitchen hardware
  • Mona's Christmas hat collection
  • tape measure
  • breast pump
  • broken cutting board
  • beer-making kit
  • binoculars
Things I would like to have on my pantry shelves:
  • cans of soup
  • other non-perishable, edible items
  • Mona's Christmas hat collection (there is simply no good place for this)
Jono is working really, really hard to finish our kitchen cupboards before he no longer has access to his crew's carpentry shop. He is gone all day and night.

The end is near...

The photo is of Mona as a puppy sporting her first "Christmas hat". She now has a green Santa hat (it says "spoiled"), a couple of pairs of reindeer antlers with bells, and a yellow beach visor. We did not buy her any of these items. Just FYI.

2 comments:

Jan Lehman said...

I'm impressed with the new pantry! Your kitchen is coming together very nicley, although I know it couldn't be soon enough! (The hat collection must have been in storage last time I was there.)

Emily said...

Yeah, I keep reminding myself how lucky I am to have such a skilled husband who can do this sort of thing himself so we don't have to hire out. When it's all done I'll say it was worth the mess :)