Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Broseph II


My brother just came out with his first album, "It Took the Fire". He's put out a few EPs, but this is his first full-length record. I'm biased, but it's quite lovely if you want to take a listen. You can order it from iTunes, or from his website. He'll be playing some of it at South by Southwest (SXSW) soon with artist collective Ten Out of Tenn.

A while back I posted a link to his blog that documented the process of making it. (This is the second shameless plug that has appeared on this blog, in case you're keeping track.)

He's touring Australia soon and playing Sasquatch and Bonnaroo as keyboardist for Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, a bunch of hippies that make crazy acid music videos and actually play decent music as well. They're big on the college scene right now and played Letterman recently. Here's a video of that performance if you want to watch them float around the stage in super happy fun land.

I think I like them, and may someday join their utopia as long as I can be high solely on endorphins.

I'm happy for you Ty :)

7 comments:

Joel said...

I'll agree that the new album is good...and to think it all started with "The Continentals".
Now about Mr. Sharpe...does Ty have go grow a big beard?

Emily said...

Ha ha... yes. I still get that "Save it for Later" song in my head.

Sadly none of the males in my family can grow big beards, and we can't keep blaming it on puberty being late. Oh well.

kristen joy said...

um, was your brother in the continentals? my brother, mark, totally was! that would be a strange coincidence...

Emily said...

Um, Kristen, I can't believe this hasn't come up! It was "The Young Continentals", with catchy tunes and dance steps that I don't think I'll ever forget ;)

kristen joy said...

shut up! that's too funny! i remember going to see one of his shows when he was on the road. he has a poster at my mom and dad's that has everyone's signatures. the dance steps were killer:).

Robertsons said...

This is incredibly ironic. I was reading a friend's blog, hit "next blog" and yours popped up. I scrolled down to see this post. Did your brother attend Belmont University in Nashville, TN? If so, I was there the same time and saw him perform several times. Good for you Tyler James! I'm glad your music career is taking off.

Emily said...

You're right, he went to Belmont. Thanks for the encouragement :)