Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's Dutch for "Poop"

My dad babysat Jude for an entire work day last Friday. A short scene:

[Me, calling home from work on lunch break]:

"Hi Dad. How has Jude been?"

Dad: "Oh, good. Getting to spend a whole day with him is different. He's just so... koosy."

Me: "I know. I wish I could be with him in the mornings. It's his best time of day."

Dad: "I've only had to change one poopy diaper, and that one just had a small, round little poopelcha in it."

Me: "Oh, really?"

Dad: "Yep. I brought the diaper to the toilet to shake it out, but when I opened it up the poopelcha was gone."

Me: [Silence] ..."The poop wasn't in the diaper?"

Dad: "No, it must've fallen out somewhere."

Me: [Silence] ..."So there's a piece of poop upstairs and you don't know where it is."

Dad: "I guess I'll have to go back up there and find it."

Me: "Yeah. Do that."

It was hiding in a crack on the changing table.

No comments: