Friday, July 16, 2010

Ten (More) Things

I may make a habit out of this.

Ten Things:

1) This picture:


2) A garage that matches the house.

3) Week-nights dreaming on the front porch with Jono, candles lit, bug spray on, his nice-smelling cigar leaving a wispy trail in the air...

4) The pathetic and funny "mm, mm, mm" sound Jude makes as he tries to lift his leg over mine and get past me into the living room with his milk. Naughty.

5) His bedtime, when he lays on my chest and lets me sing to him. We blow each other kisses and wave through the crib bars as I leave the room. It's the best.

6) Heirloom tomatoes that ripen in spite of our shady yard. Also, in spite of its ultra-tiny-ness, our garden can still produce fresh greens and tomatoes that take me three seconds to turn into a salad for dinner.

7) Mulberry trees. Yum.

8) Brett moved back to Michigan!

9) Cool breeze on my mostly downhill (bike) ride to work this morning. And the other day, jumping in the kiddie pool in my underwear after a sweaty ride home. Baby napping, iced drink brought out by hubby. Oh yes.

10) Short work weeks. Yahoo.

Your turn.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drinking good coffee and reading your blog while one kid sleeps and the other is outside with daddy! Oh yah...life is good :) -Julie

Emily said...

Wooo! :)

Brenda said...

I LOVE this photo of Jude!! What a character!!!

Emily said...

he is full. of. it.

Jono said...

I'm thankful for my wife, who has put up with me for 8 years next week.
And my son, who is just as wonderful as my wife. And I suppose my husky as well, who generally just makes a fuzzy mess of the house.

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily said...

Awwww, Jono :)

Belinda said...

- Running in the evening hours with my hubby.
- Having Bretty home.
- Looking forward to Dad, Mom, Brenda and hubby. and Bonita coming soon.
- Going to Washington in a week to visit all the Geertsma's we love
- Knowing the rest of the boys will be home soon and we get to all go camping together
- Summer time when we get to spend more time with all the people we love most :).

Belinda said...

Oh, and precious Judito. Always precious Judito.

Tyler James said...

time for more pictures ; )