Thursday, January 27, 2011

Put a Bird on It

Birds are nice. They flutter about contentedly, they are fine-boned and pretty, and when something doesn't sit right with them they get to fly away. Could this be the root of the overwhelming bird trend in arty circles?

This video was posted on DesignSponge, from the sketch comedy/TV show "Portlandia" which mocks quote-unquote sub-culture in Portland. I laughed, hard.

Put a bird on it.



Are feathers and bikes next? I hope they stay under the radar for awhile yet, because I'm presently coating my walls with them.

Here's another one: "Is it Local?" When things have gone too far...



"I don't know that I can speak to that level of intimate knowledge about him..."

P.S. For all of us who lack access to IFC, there are Portlandia clips here, on Hulu.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

What is this show???? It's hysterical! Most things that are meant to make "folks" laugh don't usually get to me at all.... This was funny :o

Emily said...

I know!! It's dead on. I watched it three times today and was almost in tears every time. It's new, on something called IFC. Never heard of it - guessing it's not on basic cable. (Boo.)

Emily said...

P.S. I was reading the comments on the D*S blog for this post and people were saying the same could go for mustaches, bikes, deer and foxes. They're all so endearing, people can't help themselves ;)

Brenda said...

Yipee- we get IFC!!!

Tyler James said...

love it

Anonymous said...

Ok...after watching "Put a bird on it", all I see are birds in the stores...on THINGS! It's hilarious everytime I see one! Thanks again for posting Em.
-Julie

Emily said...

Ha ha, I know. Jono and I have been saying 'put a bird on it' every time we see one. Which is often.

Anonymous said...

I might have to report you two to the Audubon Society. From bird lovers in the great white north. Guess who?
haha - just joking!