Friday, September 2, 2011

Keeping it Real

Last night, dinner was mostly finished and forks were scraping plates. Full to the brim, I scooted my chair back a bit to slouch and Jono caught sight of my mid-section. The following exchange took place:

Jono: "What's in Mommy's tummy?"
Jude: "A baby!"
Jono: "What kind of baby?"
Jude: "A black baby!"

...

[moment of silence]

Hands were clapped over mouths. Someone probably snorted. Jude concluded he was a comic genius, but with no idea why.

(Full disclosure: I was wearing a black shirt.)

6 comments:

Brenda said...

HA- I can just picture it... I conclude that E.K. has a way with words!

Belinda said...

Such a cute story, and I'm sure so many more to come with a son who is a comic :), and a mother who is a writer.

Tyler James said...

jude... your brothers name is tyrone

Emily said...

Cat's out of the bag...

Anonymous said...

oh my, oh my, oh my. I nearly fell on the floor laughing over that one. Awesome.

Jan Lehman said...

I asked Jude the same thing on Friday. "A Green Baby" was the reply that day. Maybe just becuase he happened to have a green marker in his hand at the time? Wishful thinking? As usual, another great day with jude!