Thursday, November 17, 2011

thursday coffee

Jude and I went on a little date this morning to one of my favorite spots, The Sparrows Coffee Tea and Newsstand. 

We shared a cookie and some milk.  Mama had a mocha with a fancy white leaf etched into the foam.  (Jude said, "Look at that white leaf!" as soon as he saw it.). 

And we took these:






As the due date approaches for the birth of our second son, I am treasuring these times with him.  Normally at 10:30 am on a Thursday, I would be sitting in front of a glowing computer screen responding to e-mails or entering data.  But now, I get to sit across from him at a little round table.

We whispered about stickers, the bagel being eaten by the girl at the next table ("I'm going to eat her bagel!" he announced loudly, and she smirked), weird faces we could make in photos, and our handprints in the window condensation.  We watched a few stray flakes fall from a November sky.

His hair is starting to thicken and grow over his ears, making him look rakish and a little naughty.  He is a riot, and aside from Jono, he's the only guy I'd choose to get Thursday coffee with right now.

Thanks for making my morning, little man. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your kind of day. So peaceful and slow. I have just caught up on all your posts, and loving it. You're a great writer Em.

Kirsten Gardzelewski said...

Ahhh, the sweetness of being home with children. I am so glad that you get to enjoy more of it! It's a wonderful life!:) Can't wait to hear of little guy #2's debut.

Belinda said...

I'm so happy for you that you can have these kind of mornings with your little man. And you are wise to soak in the treasure of these simple moments. Life is full of them, don't you think? If only we slow down enough to notice them. Looking forward to spending many simple moments with you and your little ones in the years ahead.

Jan Lehman said...

So glad you had that special time with just him - just days before his brother Theo was born. Glad all is well and I know you'r home safely with your little family.

Emily said...

three weeks turned out to be three days :) thanks for the comments, everyone! birth story to come...

Grant said...

The one where is is about to talk is the koosiest thing i have ever seen in my life.

Emily said...

I know, I almost died.