Monday, June 4, 2012

Arms and Legs


This is me. I have arms and legs now. And I really love what he's done with my mid-section.

Jude generally refuses to draw or color by request, so I have to catch him at it and snap a quick pic before he erases what he has done. Sometimes he does this in frustration because it doesn't look how he wants it to, and other times he senses how much I want to keep it, so he erases it quickly to tease me. Stinker.

Suddenly he can write his name now too. I knew he was capable of the J and the U because he had formed these two letters with play-doh when he was two. But I'd never seen him write the whole thing out.

Lately he's developing some new abilities that I haven't noticed until he's all the way there. It's strange. This didn't happen so much when he was my only.

Theo has not escaped my being in a sleep-deprived fog either, Both of his new teeth had poked through his gums last week before I even noticed he was teething.

Sorry, sweet boys. I now understand when mothers of grown children can't remember who did what when, or why.

1 comment:

Jan Lehman said...

divide and be inspired