Thursday, November 15, 2012

Ankle Biter


If I have mentioned this before, here it is again. Theo has two passions in life: food and people. He is both a face-stuffer and a little socialite. I predict some potential hedonism in his future.

Toys have held no special fascination for him, and he does not entertain himself well. The two ways in which I accomplish tasks while he is awake is a) do them while holding him on my hip, or b) stick him in the high chair with finger food. I've gotten pretty creative with food he can feed to himself. We started with Cheerios but now we do tofu, grapes, bananas, raisins and anything I happen to be making for dinner that can be divided into bite-sized pieces and picked up by small, chubby paws.

Jono nicknamed him Ankle Biter the other day, because he's always at my ankles tugging on my pant leg. Oh, and I guess he did literally bite me on my leg three times recently when I didn't pick him up fast enough. I'm not kidding. Now when he approaches me as I'm busy with something and Jono is home, I yell, "COME GET HIM, HE'S GOING TO BITE ME." My voice shakes a little, and the child is 20 pounds with dandelion fluff for hair. 

Here he is, the little stinker, at his typical station:

 


Notice in the third shot he's getting a little more serious about getting picked up. Watch out. Oh, the innocence.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

I am soooo glad we are coming over in about an hour to celebrate their birthdays. Otherwise I would not be able to stand it! Happy 1st Birthday, precious little ankle biter.

Brenda said...

Can't believe I haven't met this amazingly cute little person as of yet! Maybe soon at a Michigan wedding perchance???