Saturday, December 8, 2012

Homebrewing

Brew time means it gets hot and steamy over here.

For Jono's birthday this year he wanted a home-brewing kit for beer. I got a few family members to go in on one together, and now he reminds me of a moonshiner during Prohibition. There are bubbling jugs tucked away in our basement and coat closet almost continually.

So far his brews have been delicious, and it saves us money. Jono's favorites are heavy on the hops, while I prefer porters and stouts. He has brewed two different recipes for me now (out of four total, I think).

I'd recommend DIY brewing for anyone who loves micro-brews and doesn't make six figures ;) We got our kit at a local make-your-own stuff shop called Siciliano's, but I'm sure you can get kits and recipes online as well.

Here's one I had the other night. Yum.

Milk Stout

1 comment:

Jan Lehman said...

Looks like Jeff's favorite - Dragon's Milk.