Friday, November 12, 2010

High Violet


It's been a rough week. We won't go into it here. What I will share is what often helps me when I'm ready to jump on top of my desk at work and scream: music, music, music.

It lets me emote in a healthy, burn-no-bridges manner, as I'm sure it does for a lot of people. I have Pandora playing on my computer constantly, and hitting my 40-hours-a-month limit makes for a sad, sad day. Mock me if you will, but at work I like my U2 station - it plays The Police and stuff off the latest epic Coldplay album, the one that finally made me like that band when I used to make fun of them. That station also plays the occasional 80's anthem, which yesterday was "Don't Stop Believin'". 80's bands like that one generally suck, but on that particular day it was a mood-lifter.

One album in particular has been cathartic for me at home. The best record of the year, in my opinion, which I picked up a few months ago: THE NATIONAL: HIGH VIOLET. I highly recommend it, especially for bad weeks. It lets you be a little angry, sad and elated at the same time. Not to mention they have good taste in album art.

Oh, I could just kiss these guys, uni-brows and all. Thank you Cincinnati.

A
nything in particular helping you survive lately?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.