Sunday, October 23, 2011

Change

So tough.

Change. It's a beautiful word.

I took a phone call from my husband this past Monday.  You know what he said?  I'll tell you.

"I got the job."

Well, first he dilly-dallied around for awhile, asked me how my day at the office was going, blah, blah, blah (I could hear the good mood in his voice, and I know what a tease he is)... but then those words popped out, and I said, "You rascal, I knew it."

When we were hanging up, I said, "I love you.  But I loved you before, too."  He laughed.

This two-year unemployed, underemployed, back-to-school stint is almost over, just in time. 

Starting Monday, October 31, I will be going down to part-time work. I'll get to keep the part of my job I enjoy most: writing and editing a publication for the non-profit I've worked for since 2005.

I already have our first day-at-home planned. We're going out for breakfast. We're going to the zoo. I have a project list I plan to tackle while Jude is taking his afternoon nap. I have our first Real Meal from Scratch planned for that night.

I even agreed to iron Jono's work clothes for him.  I don't think I've ironed a man's dress shirt in my life.

Pardon my euphoria, but I won't be able to help the big fat smile I'll have on my face for the next week.  Or possibly month.  Yay.

Congratulations, Jono, and thanks.  (Love, your family)

P.S. A high five for Grandma Lehman, who donated nine hours a week of free childcare to us for two years.  You're awesome.  Enjoy your new "free" Fridays :)

5 comments:

Brenda said...

SOOOOO happy for you guys!

Jan Lehman said...

You're officially part time - woot woot! You will enjoy your time with Jude. And what will I do with my Free Fridays? uhmmmmm

Jan Lehman said...

After a weeks vacation, I got in my car to drive to work. Larry Boy and Veggie Tales Sunday School CD was playing! Almost made me cry! (In case you don't know, we ALWAYS had to play Larry Boy while in the car.) I thoroughly enjoyed my Fridays with Jude; great fun to see how much he changed every week; especially fun when he started talking and showing how smart he already is! He obviously comes from great, great genes!

Belinda said...

So happy for you both. And when I reread the blog post about "self-pity", it is amazing that it all turned out just as you two had hoped - after sticking it out (for two years - and doing it well! God is good. Enjoy this new stage in your life. It will always be fun to share this part of your life story :).

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!! :) -Julie