Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Irresistible Revolution

I highly recommend this book if anyone is looking for a good one. It's called The Irresistible Revolution by a guy named Shane Claiborne. It brings you back to the roots of Christianity, and it will make you question whether or not you've been following the right Jesus. I found it both refreshing and painful to read, if that makes sense. It will if you read it.

Also, this guy reminds me of Dan.

P.S. In my original post I included a link to a review that I had only read a portion of. This was a mistake...since it turns out I don't fully agree with the second half of the review. The guy had a few good points, but I don't like how quickly he wrote off the lifestyle and views SC is advocating. It seemed a little wimpy to me. I guess it can't hurt to look at both sides of the issue. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, here's that not-so-great review. I think some of the discussion afterwards is interesting...)

No comments: