Thursday, April 2, 2009

This and That (but Mostly Poo)

We went for a little walk this morning so that Mona would poo. I needed a stool sample for her vet appointment. She didn't provide, so after the walk I puttered around the backyard for awhile looking for a sufficiently fresh-looking deposit. Hers isn't the only poo I must look at on a daily basis. My life revolves around poo, it would seem.

We enjoyed being outdoors anyway even though the weather continues to be total crap. Jude went face-forward in the baby carrier for the first time and looked pretty hilarious, so of course I had to capture the moment. (We needed to wait until he could hold his head up well to do this.)

Mona gets excited when we go to the vet because she gets treats from the receptionist in the lobby. However, during her shots today she needed three people to hold her down and me to stand by her head speaking to her in soothing tones. She threw a big fit about it and wasted one of the shots by smacking it out of the vet's hand. She also made a huge racket with her husky "yowls", and the vet said, "Huskies are wimpy." (Exact words.)

"Get away...."

Anyway, she's all caught up on her shots now and was quite pleased with herself on the car ride home. She continues to maintain her weight of 43.5 pounds, which is almost exactly how much she has weighed since we got her over four years ago. It's like she's counting calories or something. It would seem so: her habit is to take a few pieces out of her bowl at a time and move them to a different location in the house where she chews each piece individually. It takes her about 30 minutes to finish a bowl. We're constantly stepping on pieces of dog food that she left in the kitchen, on the living room rug, in the entryway, EVERYWHERE - where they turn to dust and grind themselves into a powdery mess. Super annoying.

In other news, Jude rolled over last week at four months. I didn't even see it the first time. I was sitting on the floor next to him while he was having tummy time, but I was talking to Jono instead of looking down at him. While I was in mid-sentence, the top of his down-covered head brushed against my wrist. When I looked down he was on his back with a surprised look on his face. He did it again a few minutes later. Very impressive :)

I haven't spoken of this much on the blog, but I've been back to work part-time since Jude was about 2.5 months old. I get to work from home, which is pretty ideal, except it's all I can do to find more than 15 minutes straight in which to work uninterrupted. However, I'm very spoiled on certain days when our dear, dear Aunt Kathy (that's great aunt to Jude) takes him every Monday for at least three hours. We love love love her. Jono's mom Jan comes most Fridays for awhile, and Jono's step-mom Jan plans to come every other Tuesday now to watch him all day while I log some hours. These people are true blessings and I can't thank them enough. XOXO. You're saving me some serious headaches (and now we can go on vacation sometime with my earnings - woot!) My mom feels bad she can't come more often, but she works 50+ hours a week and still manages to spend time with Jude on weekends so that I can catch a break (thanks Mom ;)

I felt it was time for a quick update that wasn't just photos of Jude, so there you are. More photos of Jude will ensue.

3 comments:

Tyler James said...

what?! he's fatter than emily is now

Dad Geertsma said...

Everything that Jude wears or any container he is in....things just seem a bit tight. What gives?

Dad Geertsma said...

Well, I will answer my own question: Jude is taking in more calories than he is able to burn off! You know what that means, don't you?