Monday, March 2, 2009

Old Things

I like old things. For Jude's baptism I wanted him to wear something with history. When I was at my parents' place recently I found something perfect: an ancient onesie my Grandpa Dieken wore when he was a wee one in Iowa. It's cream colored with brown and yellow stitching around the collar, and there's a little precocious-looking squirrel on the front. My mom says that my great grandma stitched the squirrel, so that's Jude's great great grandma (we're reaching back as far as we can).


The squirrel:


I'm wrapping him in the blanket I was baptised in:


So Jude will be welcomed into the Kingdom in his mama's blanket and his great grandpa's clothes. I like that :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I do too! Love, Ant

Anonymous said...

Actually, I even think Oma stitched that precocious little squirrel and brown around the collar :). Makes it even more cool, ha?

Jan Lehman said...

Maybe Jono has a piece of his bobbi that he could include? That would be WAY cool! Can't wait for Sunday! And thanks for letting me hang out with you and Jude for a bit yesterday. His smiles will keep me going for a long time!

j and r said...

Nice.
Period.
:):)
Can't wait.
Jan and Rick